BOOKING A SESSION
introducing young people to the sport of cycling
in a safe, traffic free environment under the supervision of our qualified british cycling coaches.
The 6-week Balance programme is aimed at non-riders who want to learn to ride a bike.
The Cycle Coach will help your child build the necessary confidence on a bike and will teach them to ride on two wheels without any stabilisers or help.
- They’ll use balance bikes (or bikes without pedals) during the session which are designed for them to sit comfortably whilst their feet stay in contact with the ground
- Fun games and activities help kids to learn key co-ordination and both off and on-bike techniques which will take them closer to riding a bike with two wheels for the first time.
Duration: 45 minutes
Although not compulsory, parental involvement is encouraged for this session.
The 6-week Pedal-Up programme caters for two different age groups. The programme is aimed at riders who have successfully progressed from the Balance programme or can ride a bike without any help and without the use of stabilisers.
The Pedal-Up sessions are filled with:
- Learning the basics of cycling (eg. braking, pedalling, cornering, riding in a group.)
- Cycling drills and skills training
- Games (on and off the bike)
Duration: 60 minutes
Although not compulsory, parents are encouraged to stay and watch for this session.
Check Availability & Book Online:
THE CYCLE COACH AWARDS
The Cycle Coach Awards are delivered over 6 weeks following a progressive syllabus.
Riders will learn:
WHITE JERSEY AWARD
GREEN JERSEY AWARD
YELLOW JERSEY AWARD
AN INTRODUCTION TO CYCLING
The aim of the programme is to introduce young people to the sport of cycling and provide them with a broad understanding of each of the British cycling disciplines.
BMX | Cycle Speedway | Cyclo-cross | Mountain Biking | Road | Track
An Introduction to Cycling is a combination of both theory and practical content and is delivered over either ½ a day, 1 day or 2 days.
Students will learn about:
- Benefits of cycling
- Competitive and non-competitive cycling.
- Training principles
- Components of fitness
- Development of riders (incl. the progressive pathways to explore cycling further)
The practical activities have been developed to introduce riders to each of the six disciplines. Each activity focuses on the bike-handling, core cycling and group riding techniques and skills fundamental to each discipline.
For each cycle sport challenge activity, a discussion board has been included. The discussion board gives topics or questions that can be used to engage the riders in discussion to develop their performance and/or understanding of the sport.
GSCE ROAD CYCLING AWARD
The aim of this 6-week programme is to deliver engaging sessions designed to develop Road Techniques and Skills.
- Group size: 16 pupils per session (a minimum of 8 pupils required)
- Delivery: During school hours
- Audience: Year 10-11
Duration: 60 minutes
RED JERSEY AWARD
SPONSORED COACHING SCHEME
The Sponsored Coaching Scheme provides the opportunity to anyone who has aspirations of becoming a qualified British Cycling Coach.
Whether you’re interested in volunteering or have an ambition to become a qualified British Cycling Coach, The Cycle Coach will provide the necessary support and funding to those who are interested in gaining more knowledge in relation to cycle coaching and achieving a recognised cycle coaching qualification.